Upgrading from 1.0 to 1.1
CLI 1.1 is a bugfix release of CLI. The following changes notable API changes were made:
- The Parser abstract class has two additional parse methods that take a Properties parameter.
- The HelpFormatter class had publicly accessible fields. These should now be accessed via
get/set methods and the public fields are deprecated.
- The Option class addValue(String) method now throws UnsupportedOperationException.
- OptionValidator is a newly added class.
- Option's now have equals(Object) and hashCode() methods.
- The Option class also received two new methods, setDescription(String) and hasValueSeparator();boolean.
The jar should be API backwards compatible, though if you were calling addValue(String) then you won't be happy. Please
let us know your use case if that is so.
Bugs fixed in 1.1
The list of bugs fixed in 1.1 may be seen via the