Commons Functor: Function Objects for Java
A functor is a function that can be manipulated
as an object, or an object representing a single, generic
Functors support and encourage a number of powerful programming
- programming in a functional style
- higher order functions
- internal iterators
- reuse and specialization through composition rather than inheritance and overloading
- generic "callback" or "extension point" APIs
- generic "filters" or predicate APIs
many "behavioral" design patterns, such as
Visitor, Strategy, Chain of Responsibility, etc.
See the examples for more information on some of
Commons Functor defines three general types of
- functors that return a boolean value
- functors that return an Object value
- functors that don't return anything
package defines three signatures for each functor type--taking zero, one or
two Object arguments.
provide common functor implementations, adapters and utilities.
There are not releases yet.