||Apache Commons Crypto is a cryptographic library optimized with AES-NI (Advanced Encryption
Standard New Instructions). It provides Java API for both cipher level and Java stream level.
Developers can use it to implement high performance AES encryption/decryption with the minimum
code and effort. Please note that Crypto doesn't implement the cryptographic algorithm such as
AES directly. It wraps to Openssl or JCE which implement the algorithms.
1. Cipher API for low level cryptographic operations.
2. Java stream API (CryptoInputStream/CryptoOutputStream) for high level stream encyrption/decryption.
3. Both optimized with high performance AES encryption/decryption. (1400 MB/s - 1700 MB/s throughput in modern Xeon processors).
4. JNI-based implementation to achieve comparable performance to the native C++ version based on OpenSsl.
5. Portable across various operating systems (currently only Linux/MacOSX/Windows);
Apache Commons Crypto loads the library according to your machine environment (it checks system properties, `os.name` and `os.arch`).
6. Simple usage. Add the commons-crypto-(version).jar file to your classpath.
This distribution includes cryptographic software.
The country in which you currently reside may have restrictions
on the import, possession, use, and/or re-export to another country,
of encryption software. BEFORE using any encryption software,
please check your country's laws, regulations and policies
concerning the import, possession, or use, and re-export of
encryption software, to see if this is permitted.
See <http://www.wassenaar.org/> for more information.
The U.S. Government Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS),
has classified this software as Export Commodity Control Number (ECCN) 5D002.C.1,
which includes information security software using or performing
cryptographic functions with asymmetric algorithms.
The form and manner of this Apache Software Foundation distribution makes
it eligible for export under the License Exception
ENC Technology Software Unrestricted (TSU) exception
(see the BIS Export Administration Regulations, Section 740.13)
for both object code and source code.
The following provides more details on the included cryptographic software:
* Commons Crypto use [Java Cryptography Extension](http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/crypto/CryptoSpec.html) provided by Java
* Commons Crypto link to and use [OpenSSL](https://www.openssl.org/) ciphers|
||This document lists other related information of this project|
||This document provides information on the members of this project. These are the individuals who have contributed to the project in one form or another.|
|Source Code Management
||This document lists ways to access the online source repository.|
||This document provides information on the issue management system used in this project.|
||This document provides subscription and archive information for this project's mailing lists.|
||This document describes how to to include this project as a dependency using various dependency management tools.|
||This document lists the project's dependencies and provides information on each dependency.|
||This document presents the convergence of dependency versions across the entire project, and its sub modules.|
||This is a link to the definitions of all continuous integration processes that builds and tests code on a frequent, regular basis.|
||This document provides informations on the distribution management of this project.|