Release notes for v4.1
Apache Commons Collections is a project to develop and maintain collection
classes based on and inspired by the JDK collection framework.
This v4.1 release is a minor and security release, fixing several bugs present in
previous releases of the 4.X branch. Additionally, this release provides a mitigation
for a known remote code exploitation via the standard java object serialization
mechanism. Serialization support for unsafe classes in the functor package has been
completely removed (classes do not implement the Serializable interface anymore).
For more details, please refer to COLLECTIONS-580.
All users are strongly encouraged to updated to this release.
- Java 6 or later is now required (previous version 4.0 required Java 5)
- This release is source and binary compatible with the previous 4.0 release
of Commons Collections with the exception that some classes in the functor
package do not implement the Serializable interface anymore (see COLLECTIONS-580)
Major changes since 4.0
- Added interface MultiSet (package multiset)
- Added interfaces MultiValuedMap, ListValuedMap and SetValuedMap (package multimap)
- Added fluent API for Iterable instances (class FluentIterable)
||Serialization support for unsafe classes in the functor package has been
removed completely as this can be exploited for remote code execution
attacks. Classes considered to be unsafe are: CloneTransformer, ForClosure,
InstantiateFactory, InstantiateTransformer, InvokerTransformer,
PrototypeCloneFactory, PrototypeSerializationFactory, WhileClosure.
For a full list of changes in this release, refer to the Change report.