This page contains information which is not up to date. Help making this page more useful
by contributing a patch.
- Commons Imaging requires Java 1.5 or higher.
- The questions of porting to J2ME and Android have been raised, but not yet pursued.
- Commons Imaging has no dependencies.
- AWT is required. ImageIO is only required to compile and used optionally
as a fallback when reading JPEG thumbnails.
- Download the latest release from the download page.
- Add the jar to your project's classpath.
- See our Sample Code for examples.
- Refer to the project's javadoc
- Have questions? Subscribe to the commons user mailing list.
Building from the latest Source
There are two steps to building Commons Imaging from the latest source:
- Check out the latest source from Subversion
- Build using Maven 2
- 1. Install the latest version of Maven
- 2. cd imaging-snapshot (if you are not already in the project directory)
- 3. mvn -Prc package
- 4. The build will be in the "target" folder.