Version 1.0 released November, 2013, brought many changes and is
best followed in the release notes.
Apache Commons Sanselan was renamed to Apache Commons Imaging on 16 April 2012,
the package changed from org.apache.sanselan to org.apache.commons.imaging,
the "main" class changed from org.apache.sanselan.Sanselan to
org.apache.commons.imaging.Imaging, the website became
and Maven co-ordinates also changed.
Version 0.97 released February 14th, 2009, was the last Sanselan release before the rename,
and the last incubator release.
Version 0.94 released July 30th, 2008, was the first Apache release of Sanselan.
Version 0.90 released January 31st, 2008.
- Added some convenience functions for reading and writing GPS data.
- These are demonstrated in the metadata sample usage classes.
Version 0.89 released January 22nd, 2008. This release was mislabeled as 0.88
- Added EXIF insert/update/remove functionality. See WriteExifMetadataExample.java for examples.
- Rewrote JPEG and TIFF parsing.
- Greatly elaborated the unit test suite and test image suite.
- In the process found and resolved many bugs.
- Once again, I hope this is the last non-apache release. =)
Version 0.88 released November 17th, 2007.
- Restored original package structure. (org.apache.commons.sanselan.* -> org.cmc.sanselan.*)
- Refactored "byte sources," improving performance reading image data from InputStreams.
- More code cleanup, mostly removing debugging code and applying naming conventions.
- Fixed two bugs around pngs: alpha channels weren't be written properly, and alpha channel was not being preserved when reading grayscale pngs.
- Improved javadocs.
Version 0.87 released October 6th, 2007.
- Fixed a number of bugs.
- Began adding javadocs, starting with the facade classes: Sanselan, and every class returned by its methods.
- This is probably the last pre-apache release.
Version 0.86 released September 17th, 2007.
- Fixed bug with writing grayscale pngs.
- Fixed bug with gamma correction when reading pngs.
- Added image read param that allows control over BufferedImage creation.
- Removed an erroneous javadoc.
- Minor cleanup.
Version 0.85 released September 5th, 2007.
- Cleaned up Tiff image parser and writer.
- Added compression parameter to tiff image writer.
- Added an example that illustrates image writing, optional parameters, etc.
Version 0.84 released September 3rd, 2007.
- Fixed Tiff/Exif bug wherein rational number fields with a zero divisor prevented the metadata from being read, due to a "divide by zero" error.
Version 0.83 released August 30th, 2007.
- Fixed Tiff/Exif bug wherein Private IFD Tags were not being properly read.
- Added better metadata sample code.
Version 0.82 released August 30th, 2007.
- Complete refactor of the image metadata methods. See the new MetadataExample class for a simple example.
- Converted all of the Sanselan class's methods to static.
- Cleaned up some old code.
Version 0.81 released August 17th, 2007.
- Made a couple of methods of ImageInfo public (getColorType() and getColorTypeDescription()).
Version 0.80 released July 25th, 2007.
- I've begun a overhaul of the codebase in anticipation of becoming an Apache Incubator project.
- I've changed the package names (again) to be org.apache.commons.sanselan.*.
- I've removed the dependency on sharedlib.
- I've removed a great deal of old cruft.
- I've begun to apply a consistent naming convention to variables (lowerCamelCase) and constant names (ALL_CAPS).
Version 0.79 released June 21th, 2007.
- I've fixed that pernicious bug in LZW compression. I've switched the default TIFF compression scheme back to LZW.
- TIFF uses an unusual variation of LZW. For details, see this article. http://www.fileformat.info/mirror/egff/ch09_04.htm
- In this case, the bug was: trailing EndOfInformation codes are sometimes omitted. That is, if a EndOfInformation code is the last code of a block, it may not appear.
Version 0.78 released June 20th, 2007.
- LZW compression is buggy; this only effects writing TIFF. I've switched the default TIFF compression scheme to packbits which performs worse until this can be corrected.
Version 0.77 released June 16th, 2007.
- I've open sourced the last dependency of this project, sharedlib.
- I've also renamed almost all of the package names. Sorry about this; a simple global search and replace should be easy to do.
Version 0.76 released September 16th, 2006.
Version 0.75 released September 5th, 2006.
First released September 22nd, 2004.